Tuesday, November 22

Stalling...

From the 100 most frequently 'challenged' (aka banned) books of 1990-2000, these are the ones i've read:

# The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
# Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
# Goosebumps (Series) by R.L. Stine (hahaha. forever ago)
# Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
# Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan
# The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
# Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughters by Lynda Madaras ( I didn't read this, but we picked it up at the bookstore sale... HAhahahah)
# Cujo by Stephen King (the beginning, then it got scary.. lol)
# Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo A. Anaya
# The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
# Where’s Waldo? by Martin Hanford (seriously?)

Yeah, ok that was silly. If you want to look at them, they're here:
( http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bbwlinks/100mostfrequently.htm )
I can see why they banned books like Beloved, though. Urgh. *Shudder* I'm happy I didn't have to read that one.

Anyways, countdown : one day and a few hours until I'm home!

No comments: