Sunday, May 20

Deutsche Meister

ist nur der VfB! Nur der VfB! Nur der VfB!!


Goodbye Timo, you were the best...

Which meant that our hike from Nürtingen to Wendlingen yesterday (with Jana and Ivana) got extended. We took the overcrowded train (we had to push and pull to get in, there was no air, we all got some gum from a guy so that we wouldn't die) to Stuttgart, walked over to the Schlossgarten, sat down on the perfect lawn, and ate our picnic lunch. Ivana had sandwiches for everyone and I had pasta salad. They then left with the 4.22 train, and I went to Schlossplatz to get a good view of the game. And Stuttgart said, LET THERE BE PEOPLE and booze. I stood on a Vodka bottle because all Germans are about a head taller than me. Squeezed between some very drunk and half naked teenagers, an indian guy who didn't speak german, and some older Germans, I witnessed the love that is MEISTER zu sein. Going to the toilets took about 30 mins to get there, and then at least 30 mins to wait in line (Starbucks had just One, and as i heard from the guys later that night, the PortaPs were flooding).
With some stroke of luck I found 3 guys from my semester, out of nowhere, and tried to traverse the fence with them to get Into the gated compound... According to the news there were about 150,000 fans around (i think there were only 70,000 in Schlossplatz, and the rest were at the stadium or something) waiting, just Waiting to see the winning team.
Then! Out of nowhere the announcer (who was a pretty horrible DJ, i mean, Sex Bomb? Come on..) cryptically remarked that the 4 fans were ready. I was like WHAT!??!?!?!

FANTAstische 4!!!!

Starting off with Einfach Sein, a song that i know by heart (and the guys I were with didn't, teehee), they rapped my little heart away. That was pretty much the best concert I've ever been to, and I couldn't have had a greater time with anyone else, because Alex, Carlos and Manuel were fantastisch too.

No comments: