Monday, August 7

Flap flap flap

The swallows nest is now empty- all the little fledgelings have flewn away for their first foraging trip. It's exciting to watch my parents with their binoculars looking at the little ones just a few feet away (really, we're not That near-sighted...). This is the first summer that our house has had a resident bird population, but surely not the last. Earlier on in the summer the mother bird was devoured by our black neighbor cat, leaving the father to take care of the four chicks. Very quickly one disappeared (canibalism?) and now the three remaining are almost all grown up (tear). Yeah. cute. whatever.
Similarly, I'm flying away tomorrow. Packing for a year is crazy. Trying to decide what I'll wear in a different culture and climate is mind boggling. Well, difficult. Supplies. Presents to give people. The big or the smaller dictionary (i'm going for small). Writing down all my phone contacts somewhere since my phone will be canceled for a year. Will I really wear that skirt at all? And sandals? (I'm not Noa).
Anyways, some stress, but I'm really excited!
I'm going to meet some friends I haven't seen in Ages (5, or 3 years). And eat good food.
Yup. Here goes..........

No comments: